Monday, March 24, 2008

2008 Garden Season about to begin!

This is the bud on the Poplar tree in the front yard. I thought it was so crazy that it looked just like a fleur de lis! There is a frost forecast for tonight, so I went out before it got dark to snap some pics. Remember last winter when I took pictures of the "before frost" and "after frost"?

These are from the Quince bush that came from Jean's yard. I would have missed these blooms and buds if I had not gone out to snap some pics. I need to remember through the years that this is one of my first bloomers!

Jim and I made this sign several years ago. He build it from barn board that has been in my family for a long time, and I burned the letters into it with a wood burning tool. It wasn't dark enough for me, so I went over the burned letters with black exterior paint. When Jim set the sign, the tree was well into the background. That tells you how much it has grown in the last few years. We may end up having to move the sign, but I will hate that...

I decided to take some pics of my daffodils. They were here when we moved in, so they are considered a bonus. The crazy thing is that I have several clumps of them, but only these bloom. If the other clumps were going to bloom, the freeze that is forecast for tonight will probably kill the tender little buds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.