Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Glimpses from the garden. 05-05-07


My miniature roses are starting to bloom! This one is the one called Mint Ice. The blooms underneath look greener than the ones in the foreground, but they all have just a hint of green. So pretty!


I love this Spider Wort! It's so leggy and delicate looking. PLUS - I noticed that it is putting out little blooms elsewhere in the yard. Not sure I like that, but I'll bet I can share some with someone in my family. Aunt Diner?


My MIL, Jean, gave me a tiny clump of these Shasta Daisies three years ago, and look at them now! I had every intention of sharing these with my Aunt Diner, but waited too long. I will have to do some research to find out if I can still separate them and let her replant.


The Peegee Hydrangea is in the corner of the front bed, by the porch and the house. This will be gorgeous as it matures! It is pretty bushy already. I hope it starts getting some height on it soon. Maybe this will be the year it grows up and not out.


The Bee Balm is looking good. I can't believe how the bees love this member of the mint family. It is planted next to the Butterfly Bushes, so it's a bonanza of wings in the middle of the summer.

No comments: